Monday, January 5, 2009

Such A Tease


On Sunday, Mother Nature let the sun come out to play. With blue skies and 60 degrees, I eagerly began my 3 hour ride on the fireroads of the Cohuttas.
This was quite a new experience for me, as usually I take the day off after a race. My coach had other plans for me ... my schedule is sort of in experimentation mode, as we are determining how best my legs do after rest days and after hard days.
It may have just been the fact that Saturday's race was short by my standards, but my legs felt awesome. I could have pushed it harder and longer but stuck to the plan. It was totally an enjoyable day ... especially since I did not have to think about what to wear. Just threw on a pair of shorts and a jersey.
This sunny experience I will have to keep in my memory as I don't think I will see it again for at least a week.

No comments: