Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Pick Me, Pick Me!


So I thought I would give it a shot ... that is, being part of the 2010 Stumpjumper Trail Crew.

During my childhood, when at recess or playing with the kids on the block, I was never picked first nor last, but always somewhere in the top 25%. I could hit the ball, kick the ball, catch the ball, and throw the ball pretty good.

These days, I have traded in the ball for Specialized bikes. I have been racing/riding them since 1999. I am pretty good at riding with others, taking pics and telling stories. I am really good at shredding trail, finding epic rides, and managing family time with riding time.

What I am not so good at is the computer. And it probably has something to do with the fact that after riding my legs off during the day, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a machine and type. And, I want to spend time with my husband and 7 year old daughter.

But hey, I am always willing to learn and try new things, i.e. Twitter. And what better incentive than the possibility of getting a free, kick a$$ S-Works Stumpjumper FSR!

My best friend and training partner calls me the "race 'ho" as I am always thinking about where to race next. I have a competitive spirit, but I also desire to ride new single track ... and at speed! But who knows what 2010 will bring. New races? New places to ride? Less racing and more exploring? New friends? Rekindling old friendships?

For the most part, I don't know what the future holds. But the ONE thing I do know is that I will be on a Specialized!

Feel free to enter the contest.

No comments: