Friday, July 9, 2010

Fundraiser Update

As of right now, I have received $4350 in donations and pledges.  I am still in the midst of chasing down a few outstanding pledges (you know who you are :) so I figure that once I receive those I will be right around the $5000 mark.

The Outdoor Store has received all the prizes for the Kid's Contest, including 4 bright, shiny new bikes!  I know the winners of said prizes, but won't be telling anyone until this fall at the beginning of the school year.  I plan on announcing the winners as well as presenting a check to City Park and Ingleside school during the first PTO meeting.

Most likely Ingleside will use the money to fund the purchase of playground equipment.  A good friend told me about The Patch indoor obstacle course.  After looking at their website, seeing a You Tube video about it, and having my daughter exclaim, "That looks like coolish fun,"  I will try to encourage City Park to purchase the basic kit.  It is expensive but durable and could be expanded upon year after year.



It has been 6 weeks since The Burn.  It took about 2 1/2 weeks for my body to feel good again.  The worst part was the 4 weeks of a combination of foot numbness, pin and needles, and hot foot.  But all is good now, except for my mental state.  I attribute that to a "lackofracinitis," which should be cured by Sunday as I am heading down to Raccoon Mountain to race the SERC XC ... SS style.  It should be fun and brutal at the same time.  The last time I raced an XC was at this venue in 2008, but on gears. 

No comments: