Sunday, April 13, 2008

Just In Time


This arrived in the mail yesterday from Dedicated Athlete. I am glad I will have it for the Cohutta as the temps are expected to reach the high 70's. I will satisfy my taste buds before by using the Glacier Mist on my training rides. I first encountered this drink on the 2nd lap of the Fool's Gold last year. On that day, the temps were in the high 80's and I was in a world of hurt. I grabbed a bottle of what I thought was water, but when I tasted it, it had a slight minty flavor ... and it was ice cold. I was sure my mind was playing tricks on me, so I took another drink. At this point, I did not care if I was hallucinating or not, this sh!t was good! It saved my butt on this lap. Now if there was only a way to have ice at the Cohuuta aid stations.

No comments: