Friday, April 22, 2016

Sponsor Spotlight -- Chamois Butt'r



I have been blessed to have a working relationship with this company for 6 years.  Aside from my LBS, this is my longest standing sponsorship.  It is one that is a bit more difficult to promote since you actually don't see the product in photos or in person as opposed to my other sponsors, i.e. bike, wheels, pedals, cogs, etc.

But they are just as essential in aiding in my performance.  What connects you to the bike has got to be comfortable, so as to be forgettable.  Meaning, I don't want to think about my taint AT ALL while training and racing.  Because if I am, then my focus is being taken away from the engine.

There are plenty of options when looking for a good chamois cream.  And most probably do a decent job.  It is important to try out several and find out which one works best for you.  I would give Chamois Butt'r a chance.  They have several options:  Chamois Butt'r (the original), Chamois Butt'r Eurostyle, and Chamois Butt'r Her.  The price is good:  $15-20 for an 8 ounce tub.  I always carry samples with me, so just ask!

Steve Matthews, founder and developer, is so cool and down to earth.  He goes out of his way to make time for the little grassroots ambassadors, like me. He knows that we can play a vital role in getting the word out on his product.  For me, personally, I connect more with the small players and what products they use/support, as opposed to what the big name pros go with.

I am honored to be a part of the team, no matter how small my role might be.


No comments: