Friday, March 13, 2015

Progold Xtreme Lube Test Wrap Up

Last November, I began a durability test of two Progold Lubricant products.  I applied ProLink to my road bike and Xtreme to my Niner Jet 9 RDO.  After last week's muddy "ride" during the Snake finale, the test was concluded.  Although I did not have any shifting issues, there was an irritating noise coming from the drive train.  For most, this would probably not be a factor, but for me, anything more than the "whrrrrr" of my I-9's drives me crazy!


A typical race day at The Snake

The final tally was 100 miles and 12 hours of ride time.  This included 4 rides 2 of which were the Snake Creek Gap TT), all of which were wet and muddy.  After all, it was winter time.  If but for the nasty conditions, I feel confident that this mileage/time could have been doubled or even tripled before I ended the test.  I plan on conducting a second test once I am back on the bike and during more favorable riding conditions.

Meanwhile, after 600 miles and 39 hours my drive train is still "happy, happy, happy" on my road bike.  I was hoping to have concluded both tests by now, but I have been off the bike for 4 weeks due to overtraining.

I was able to clean my bike in no time with ProGold Degreaser + Wash and Chain Shine.  A little goes a long way.  I add 1 part water to 1 part Degreaser + Wash and I pour a tiny amount of Chain Shine into a cup and apply it to the drive train with a small paint brush.




After allowing both products to sit for a couple minutes, I then use the above tools to clean.  James Stankowitz showed me that a cheap paint brush gets easily into all the nooks and crannies of a full suspension rig.

Hard to believe she is in her 4th season of racing.


White stays white with ProGold!



No comments: