Friday, April 19, 2013

Eurostyle Embrocation Review

From the makers of Chamois Butt'r

I had the pleasure of using this for the first time this winter and early spring.  This product comes in two levels of heating:  warm (suggested for 70 degrees and below) and hot (suggested for 50 degrees and below).  It comes in an 8 ounce tub and has a creamy, non-greasy formula.  I chose the HOT as my legs/knees can handle temperatures above 50 degrees in their naked form.  And I hate to wear anything more than just shorts when on the road bike.  Tights and leg warmers are like "straight jackets" for my lower extremities.  I feel all bound up and cannot move freely nor generate the power comfortably.

As these embrocations are in tubs similar to Chamois Butt'r Eurostyle, measures have been taken to ensure that one does not get these products mixed up ... which could be painfully disastrous!  The labels and lids are red, and the embrocation itself is orange in color.

Makes legs happy!

Makes tush happy!

I recommend applying it at least 30 minutes before you are ready to ride.  You don't need much; a two-finger dollop will do.  One tub lasted me almost two months.

Warm legs and knees makes it so much easier to get into the groove with my training.  By the time I headed out the door, I was feeling a tingly warmness.  This "barrier" made the temps feel at least 20 degrees warmer.    And to me, that can be the difference between a "dead leg" session and a "sparkly leg" ride.

Immediately upon finishing a ride, I take diligence in removing the embrocation.  There is nothing like stepping back inside a warm house and having your legs "on fire" to get you moving to a source of soap and cool water.  Warning:  don't step into a hot shower without removal first!  

If you don't have soap and water readily available, I recommend this.

16 ounces of bliss ... well, at least until a  real shower if found.


This is great for removing the embrocation as well as just cleaning the dirt, sweat, and grime off you.  All of these products are Made in the USA, too!  You can find out more info at Paceline Products.

As much as I hate the cold and wet of winter, I can take some comfort in knowing that this embrocation will make it a little more bearable.  Can't say that I am looking forward anytime soon to using this product again.  I am kind of enjoying the jersey and shorts weather and not having to think about what to wear.


Patiently waiting for next winter.

No comments: