Monday, September 13, 2010

T Minus 1 Day

Yep ... in a little over 24 hours, I will be entering a place of beautiful suffering ... The Pisgah Stage Race.  I am looking forward to it, for when I exit, I will be a much stronger person.  The Forest is rich in waterfalls, wild, rugged trail, and vibrant views.  But to get to it and through it, one will have to take a journey of immeasurable proportions.

Last year the Pisgah Stage Race was not so kind to me.  I started off great, but fell to pieces during the last two stages.  It was not the course, but my body that failed.  Unbeknown to me at the time, I was carrying around one defective little gall bladder. 

Well, this year, I have no excuse.  I have trained for this week, so we will see what I have got.  Although the field is smaller this year (which is a shame since this is gonna be such a stellar event this year), my competition is against two very tough and talented ladies.  As I see it, right now I am solidly in third, with no way to go but up.

The weather is perfect and the course is ever so sweet, with the likes of Squirrel Gap, Laurel Mountain, Pilot Rock, and Black Mountain, to name a few.  Todd Branham has done a great job of recruiting volunteers, acquiring sponsors and I am looking forward to the food that will be provided by Poppies!

Indy ('09 Specialized Era) will get the call up for the Stage 1 Hill Climb, but it will be Stumpy ('08 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR) that will tackle the big stages. 

I will have Chamois Butt'r samples with me at the race, so come and get some.

No matter what the end results are, I will enter and exit the pain cave with a smile on my face ... well, perhaps a grimace. 

See you on the other side!

2 comments:

Dave Harris said...

Good luck, have fun, and keep smiling!

Walter said...

GO CAREY!