Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Hands!

My hands are excited to be racing on these this year:





I had been using the GR2 Carbon grips, but Zeke's weight weenie attitude has been rubbing off on me.  Since I now have a 20 pound SS ('10 Specialized Stumpjumper 29'r), I would like for Indy ('09 Specialized Era) to be as light as possible, all the while maintaining a comfort factor.

The last time I used these grips was in 2007, my first year as an Ergon-sponsored rider.  Back then, I was racing the prototype.  While it provided my hands with an unbelievable pain- and numb-free platform, after several hundred milers, the two rubber compounds began to separate.

I have no doubt that the problem has been fixed, so my hands will be happy at the 24 Hour Natz, probably the only body part after 24 hours of racing!

BTW, I will be using this race as a platform to raise money for City Park Elementary School's physical education program.  This is where my daughter, Carly, goes to school.  I will have more info in the near future and will expect y'all to help out, even if it is only equivalent to 1 bottle of your neighborhood brewskie.

No comments: