Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Charlie said that I could do whatever I wanted today, so guess what I did? Yeah, I went mountain biking. Zeke and I did the Kimsey Mtn loop starting from Gee Creek. After the rains last night, the fireroads were in great shape. With sunny skies and temps in the high 60's I could not have asked for better biking weather.


We put in a good 6 miles in 5 hours. My legs were good for the first 4 hours, but then they started to get quite achy. Not sure if it was related to: 1. DSG last week 2. working on my feet all day yesterday 3. or the 1/2 a pizza I devoured last night.


I am looking forward to racing Tsali this weekend. Lisa and I are going to do the 12 hour duo. We both had thought about racing it solo and riding together the whole time (in preparation for TransRockies), but with her pulmonary issues and me not wanting to kill myself with another 12 hour so soon, we decided this was the next best thing. It will be good to race and just have fun with no pressure! Well, I guess the only pressure will be putting a lap on Danielle.

2 comments:

Namrita O'Dea said...

Happy Mothers Day!

Duo sounds fun. Sometime Danielle and I should race you and Lisa as duo teams. That would be a blast!

Danielle Musto said...

Happy Mother's Day.

You have all sorts of pressure at this race.

1. Try NOT to get lapped by me
2. The two of you have to beat all of the guys.

I can't wait. I'll give you a call later on this week to touch base. In the meantime, I want you and Lisa putting in some long days together. TR training time!!!