Sunday, November 25, 2012

Early Christmas



With the " lube meister."


A couple weeks ago as I was headed north on I-75, I received a phone call from none other than Mr. Pro Gold himself, Bruce D.  He was headed south on I-75.  Since he was going past my home town, he wanted to drop off a care package for me.   Talk about bad timing.  However, we were both available the next day, so we chose to hook up at Enterprise South for the exchange and a little saddle time.

Bruce had never ridden these trails.  Although in his travels across the U.S. this past year, he has ridden far more spectacular single track than what we about to embark upon, he was still impressed.  He liked how they flowed and remarked on how well they were built.  Bruce chased me around for a couple hours, like a greyhound after the mechanical rabbit.  In between my leg opener intervals, we caught up on each other's busy lives.

Afterwards, I got a box of goodies including ProLink and Xtreme chain lube, Bike Shine, Pro Towels, and Blast Off.  Two "new-to-me"  products are the Bike Shine and Blast Off.  The Bike Shine is like Armor All for your bike.  This product is great for when you don't want to wash your bike, yet you feel it needs a little TLC after a day of riding the trail.


Bike spa supplies

The Pro Towels are great for getting the grime off your hands and non-carbon fiber bikes, yet they won't make your hands look like Death Valley.  This is a must have for me as I have a hard time keeping my skin lubricated in the winter.




I have yet to try the Blast Off, but will let you know how it goes when I do.

I am going to be a ProGold Ambassador for 2013.  If you see me out on the trail and want to try some product, especially the ProLink or Xtreme, I should have some on me.  I would be happy to give you a sample as I think you will really be turned on by how well these products perform.

No comments: