- You use your number plates as wall paper.
- Weatherchannel.com is your homepage.
- You give your bikes names.
- You have more water bottles than glasses in the cupboard.
- You start racing a 24 hour thinking "This is awesome!", followed by thinking at least 10 times during the race, "Why the hell am I doing this?", followed by finishing the race thinking "That was awesome!"
- You consider work regeneration time from training/racing.
- Half the shirts you own have at least a dozen logos on them.
- You have more laundry loads of cycling clothes than regular clothes.
- Your first thought when you wake up is your resting HR.
- Your bike costs more than your vehicle.
- You think that getting a mud facial is one of the perks of racing in the rain.
- When you park in a sketchy area of national forest to go for a ride, you don't worry about your vehicle getting stolen because your bike is not in it.
- Your first thought when crashing is not, Oh, this is gonna hurt!", but "I hope my bike will be o.k."
- You wait a couple days to take your car in when the "check engine" light comes on, but when your bike needs something, you take it in right away.
- You take longer washing your bike than yourself.
- You are offended if someone states you have a farmer's tan. Farmers don't wear shorts!
- Your vehicle smells like a locker room.
- You have no idea what to do with yourself on your off day.
- You purchase broccoli not only for the nutrition, but for the multi-purpose "broccoli bands."
- Your nutritional supplements could be considered a 4th meal.
- Your rain gear consists of Glad trash bags, plastic shower caps, latex gloves, and Ingles grocery bags.
- Your best friend's pet name for you is "race whore."
- You bring your bike with you when car shopping.
- Your bike is in your living room.
- Your cycling apparel occupies more than 1/2 of your closet space.
- Most of this list doesn't seem like a joke to you.
Monday, November 23, 2009
You Just Might ...
be a crazy ultra-endurance mountain bike racer if: