Thursday, June 26, 2008

Moooooo!


After a good training ride today in the Coker Creek area of Cherokee National Forest, I was hungry for a sirloin steak ... homegrown black angus to be exact. Which leads into my story.
On the way home from the Cowbell Challenge this past Sunday, Zeke and stopped at the Chop House. My treat, since I happened to win a little money, much to Zeke's credit. We both ordered the sirloin. I had a salad, he opted for the steamed broccoli. Then he proceded to tell me how lettuce, of any kind, has no nutritive value. "It is just good for your doo-doo." He did not believe me when I told him of the anti-oxidant benefits of Romaine. So we wagered a little bet. If I won, he would have to eat a steak the way I like it: just knock the horns and tail off and serve it with the blood still runnin'.
You see, Zeke likes it well done. Well done as in "catch it before it drops through the grill to the coals below, then throw it in the microwave and nuke it for an extra minute or two." Needless to say, I won the bet. So now he gets to eat a steak rare. Perhaps if he does my bottle hand-offs for this Sunday's XC race, I will let him upgrade to medium.

No comments: