Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Long Day

The Snake Creek 6 Gap Mountain TT has come and gone and I am pooped. It was definitely a good day for me, even though the trail conditions were muddy. But that is to be expected for a February race. I was definitely feeling much better than last month. Although the conditions were not ideal, I managed to finish with a slightly better time. I was rollin' the first 23 miles, but the last technical section, I felt like a pinball. I was all over the place, either bumping off the rocks or sliding down them. I don't know if it was my tire choice or exhaustion; maybe a little of both. I chose to ride the LK Fast Tracks due to their light weight. Last month I was on Captains, which are rock crawlers! I will have some decisions to make next month, the last race of the series, as I attempt to improve my position.

Here is a breakdown of my day:

Driving: 3:00
Race Prep: 1:00
Shuttle to Start: :45
Racing: 3:52
Post-Race Change, Eat, and Greet: 1:15
Trip to Carter's to buy Jeans for my Long-Legged Daughter: :45
Bike/Gear Clean-up: 2:00
Shower: :30
2nd Meal: :30
Blog: :10

Total time: 13:47

Is racing worth it? You Betcha!

It is now 8pm and I am all alone: no husband or child (they are at the in-laws).

Whoo-Hoo! A night of peace and quiet.

No comments: