Friday, November 2, 2007

12 Days and Counting

La Ruta is closing in fast. I think I am ready: bike (Pinky is dialed in), passport, clothes, vaccinations, health insurance, legs, and lungs. My last long ride was the Whigg Meadow Hill Climb on Wednesday. It is a 17 mile climb, from an elevation of 900 feet up to 5000 feet along a forest service road in the Cherokee National Forest. That is as close a simulation as I am going to get of the Day 2 Irazu Volcano climb.

Now I plan on getting a lot of rest and doing some short, but intense training rides. And doing some final packing. When I travel, I am not one to take tons of stuff. But I am a little worried about having to put what I need for 4 days of racing in once small duffel. Between my racing kits, spare bike parts, and food, it will be a tight squeeze. The zipper had better be strong!

I am already getting excited about next year. This is going to be the Big One for '08. I am teaming up with Awesome Adventure Racer Lisa Randall! I just hope the food is better. I am still working on getting my other races dialed in. Between work, kindergarten, and my husband's travels, my racing takes a lot of planning and asking for the grandparents' help.

3 comments:

Namrita O'Dea said...

Good luck at La Ruta! You and Lisa should make a great team for TR...very cool!

Mark D. said...

Good luck !!

Liz Schleeper said...

Good Luck, sounds pretty painful and fun.